Thursday, June 19, 2014

What started it all...


Little by little one travels far -J.R.R Tolkien
Growing up in the suburbs (with no car at that :/ ), I would dream of the day I could travel the world and learn the secret of a happy life. Like so many millennials,  I have no clue what I want out of life or even what I want to accomplish today. But every day I seem to travel a little closer to want I want, desire, seek. To what sets my soul on fire.

Recent studies have suggested that American millennials value travel more than any other generation thus far. Last month I watched this statistic come alive. I was at home with my family and my mother was talking about a recent trip to Las Vegas. In passing I asked her about the vacation they would take the following year. She scoffed at the idea and the expense of another trip—even if they saved up for an entire year. All of a sudden, it clicked. MOST Americans only go on vacation ONCE A YEAR. My heart sank. I would hate that!!! HATE HATE HATE HATE it.

That conversation fueled me to start this blog:
Charlie, and I have sought out secrets to traveling thriftily without missing out on experiences that big bucks buy! Actually, we find that our experiences are usually more memorable than a tour company or hotel could provide. We are 24 and 23 years old and work full time, but we are able to justify working 40 hour a week in order to continue discovering this awesome planet. Charlie and I are sick of our friends and family stating "well your type of travels are great for when you are young… BUT now we have higher standards (which really equates to spending over $5,000 for a 5 day vacation to Florida)...". Do you realize that most of your life is spent working, at a job that you mostly likely do not like? Your job costs 8 hours every day, 40 hours a week, 160 hrs a month, almost 2000 hours a year, and over 190,000 hours every 10 years. On top of that you pile on the hours after work you spend recovering from how tired and drained you feel from not feeling accomplished... SO SUCK IT UP and travel with us.

Follow along on our amazing adventures and let your imagination become reality.  This blog is dedicated to helping everyone find ways to travel on a budget that is tight for both for money and time —and also to brag a little on our amazing adventures. If you prioritize travel, you can find the ways to make it happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment